There’s no big secret or surprise that my life have been tough. As you see i blog about mental health a lot, because i go through it myself. The past few years i have been fighting it. So it’s up and down, but i have gotten so much better with coping with it.
Being in a “dark hole” is not how i necessarily described it. More like “A bunch of rocks being thrown at me repeatedly.” Yes at times i felt at most times my life was ruined, and it was no more happiness left in me to keep going.
Here goes the interesting part.
I had given up. I didn’t really have the motivation and strength to. I always felt i needed that support to keep pushing. All i thought about is how i wanted things to be back how they were, and how i can move forward in life. All i wanted is to feel, act, and know myself again. There’s nothing like knowing who you truly are.
Here i am today, feeling much better. Actually finding myself, and starting off doing the things i love doing. Writing in my journal, blogging, promoting my new lip gloss business, and so much more. Also working on my mental state, my growth as a woman, and keeping focused. Although everything might not go back to normal or how it originally was, but i do know for the best part things will get better over time. I am beyond grateful now, I can truly say that.
Now i decided to start making a list of different things now, so it can help me throughout my growth & transition during life. I enjoy writing a list of things that make me happy. For me, writing a list keeps me in a very good place in life. I have been negative, or been around a lot of negative people/energy, I never really focused on happiness too much. So when i decided to start making list, I would always come back and read it so i can go cheer myself back up again. I had to remember that i have more of a reason to be happy now.
Making a list of things that make you happy takes your worries away from enjoying the things you love and enjoy. It’s tough to write one a list of things that make you happy, and not smile periodically. This is mine, right here, and I highly encourage & recommend you to write one of your own. Especially if you find yourself in a dark hole or confusing place in life like i have.
50 Things That Make Me Happy
- Coffee. Duh!
- My daughter who is at the of 6 years old. (My pride & joy.)
- Netflix. When having a bad day, I can easily go home and turn on Netflix, and ill feel better after.
- Long spa baths.
- Scented candles. With the light dimmed.
- Online shopping of course.
- Pampering day.
- Rainy days, so i can get cozy in bed.
- Green tea with honey & lemon added.
- Exploring our nature.
- Listening to motivational podcast.
- Cooking my favorite dish.
- Endless cups of red wine until i KO (Knock Out).
- Fresh hair do.
- Promoting my Lip Gloss Brand.
- Spending time at home alone.
- Fresh Laundry.
- Clean home.
- Productive week.
- Getting good feed back from readers from my blog.
- Embracing my creativity.
- Going to the park and having a small picnic.
- Going to the beach in the summer, and getting a tan.
- Taking a 2 hour nap, and feeling energized again.
- Meeting new people.
- Some good ole ice cream.
- Christmas time. I love the lights & decorations. (Brings me joy.)
- Going out for drinks.
- Playing games. (Video games, board games, & pc games.)
- Reading my favorite blogs.
- Exploring Pinterest.
- Grocery Shopping.
- Pillow Cuddling.
- The smell of fresh baked cookies. Hmmmm!
- Being able to motivate & inspire others.
- Fresh beautiful flowers.
- Shot of tequila & a snack.
- Eating a whole container of green olives.
- Watching YouTube for tips.
- 30 minute walks to relieve some stress.
- Go to the movies by my lonesome.
- Singing at home loudly.
- Calling someone close to me.
- Taking photos & editing them.
One of the important lessons I learned is to be grateful and not take things for granted, because anything can happen at any given time.
Just keep reminding yourself about things that make you happy, things that put a smile on your face, things you feel grateful for, is a good & fresh way to start. I don’t regret my past feelings because i wouldn’t feel how i do today. Being appreciative and acknowledging change is the best way to be.